HOME STAGING AND DESIGN
Home staging is the design process of depersonalizing a private residence prior to putting it up for sale in the real estate marketplace. This is often achieved by rearranging, de-cluttering and improving on certain items or areas.
The goal of staging a home is to help it sell quickly and for the most amount of money by appealing to the greatest number of prospective buyers. Staging focuses on improving a home's potential by transforming it into a "neutral" property because the way we live in our home is completely different than the way we should sell our home. Staging creates a living space buyers can "see" themselves in; similar to how model home displays are presented.
Staging also helps create an environment that will lead a buyer's eye to the home's attractive features, while minimizing its flaws.
Many home-sellers agree that staging is a practical first step to selling any home, especially since the cost of staging a home is usually much less than the increased selling price often achieved from a professionally staged home. I will come into your home and perform the following for a minimal fee:
- Review your home;
- Gather an overview of the home;
- De-clutter and depersonalize;
- Assist in furniture rearrangement and/or furniture layouts;
- Remove non-essential items;
- Create spaciousness and light;
- Create an impression of openness and comfort;
- Evaluate wall colors, window treatments and flooring;
- Talk about accessorizing using you own personal items;
- Evaluate all plumbing and light fixtures and finishes;
- Show YOU how to remove or downplay the presence of religious items, personal photos, awards and cultural items;
- Provide a home evaluation, along with recommendations; and
- Find out if there are any neighborhood awareness campaigns available.
In order to make this time commitment, I will need a deposit up front for the home staging process and the use of your own personal items. The deposit will be based upon the amount of staging that needs to take place.
I offer my home staging, decorating and design skills to you as your Realtor for a fraction of the cost of hiring an interior decorator or home staging company. I have staged many homes and will be happy to supply you with a list of references upon request.
Thank you for your consideration of my additional services.